In order to access the Internal Storage of the Glass device, enable File Transfer on the Glass device via Android Settings.
The Allow USB Debugging option will need to be disabled to access the storage.
- Developer Options can be enabled, and the USB Debugging option is also found in here.
- If your device is being recognised, but you are unable to see the “Internal shared storage”, enable and disable the USB Debugging option. Developer Options can be disabled after.
On your Glass device
1. Connect your Google Glass device to the computer with the USB-C cable. Once powered on, we need to interact with the Glass device.
2. From the Welcome screen, swipe Back and Tap to access "device settings".
3. Swipe forward to select “About device” and Tap to open.
4. Swipe forward to access Android Settings. You will be prompted to tap five times to access this area.
5. Navigate down to reach Connected Devices and tap to select.
6. Navigate down to “USB” and tap to select.
7. Change the option to Transfer Files and tap to apply.
Removing the USB cable after this option has been enabled will revert the change back to “Charge this device”. If you are unable to view the device after this point, ensure “USB Debugging” has been disabled (Device Settings > Developer Options (enabled) > USB Debugging (disabled)) and begin the process again.
8. A new window should appear on your Computer once the Transfer Files option has been enabled in the previous step. You may be prompted by Windows to Choose an action when this option has been enabled. If so, select View Files and Folders.
9. We can now navigate through the Internal shared storage of the Glass device.
10. Inside the Internal shared storage you will find your Movie and Picture folders where captured items are stored.
Once the USB-C cable is removed from the Glass device, the “Transfer Files” option will revert to “Charging this device”.
Each time you wish to access the storage, this process will be required.
Disable Developer Options and USB Debugging if they were enabled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.