This guide will assist you to move files from Google Glass to your Mac OS device.
1. Navigate and download the following application: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
2. Open AndriodFileTransfer.dmg
3. Drag and drop AndriodFileTransfer.dmg to Applications to install
4. Open Launchpad and open the Android File Transfer application
5. Connect your Glass device to the computer via USB-C cable and power on.
On your Glass device:
In order to access the Internal Storage of the Glass unit, we need to enable “File Transfer” on the Glass device (Android Settings).
- Developer Options must be enabled; and
- Allow USB Debugging option will need to be disabled to access the storage.
1. Connect your Google Glass device to the computer with the USB-C cable. Power on.
2. From the Welcome screen, swipe back and tap to access ‘device settings’.
3. Swipe Forward to select “About device” and Tap to open.
4. Swipe forward to access Android Settings. You will be prompted to tap Five (5) times to access this area.
5. Navigate down to reach ‘Connected Devices’ and tap to select.
6. Navigate down to ‘USB’ and tap to select.
7. Change the option to ‘Transfer Files’ and tap to apply.
Removing the USB cable after this option has been enabled will revert the change back to “Charge this device”.
If you are unable to view the device after this point, ensure “USB Debugging” has been disabled (Device Settings > Developer Options (enabled) > USB Debugging (disabled)) and begin the process again.
After the File Transfer option has been enabled on Glass, we can now browse the Internal Storage of the Glass device.
If you are seeing a Blank box, or errors stating “Could not connect to device”, this suggests the following:
- Developer Options are not enabled
- USB Debugging is enabled
- File Transfer option is not enabled
Please sign in to leave a comment.