If you are unaware of your iPhone’s name or SSID, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app
- Scroll down to “General” and select.
- At the top of the General section, select “About”
4. You can change your phone's "Name" here if you wish. In order to connect or generate a QR code, a simple name is recommended. This will be displayed when searching for Wi-Fi networks.
Enable Wi-Fi Hotspot (Personal Hotspot)
Once we are aware of our “SSID” (as above), we need to enable our iPhone's hotspot.
1. Open the “Settings” app
2. Scroll down and find “Personal Hotspot” and select.
3. Create a password in the “Wi-Fi Password” section.
4. Enabling the “Allow others to join” or "Personal Hotspot" switch will begin broadcasting your network. Note: the setting titles may differ depending on iOS version*
5. If Wi-Fi was disabled before turning the hot spot on, you will be prompted to “Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth”, or “USB Only”, select the Wi-Fi option.
For assistance generating a QR code using your iPhone hotspot, please see Connecting Glass to Wi-Fi.